Friday, January 29, 2010

2nd post in a week! I may be on a roll....

I really ought to be doing homework right now, but, ever the procrastinator, I decided to jack a computer and ramble nonsense to a blog instead. Even though I don't have anything brilliant to say, this is more fun than Statistics. I've always enjoyed writing. Words, their meaning, finding the perfect words- I love it. anyways....

Since last Sunday, my mind this week has been running on two different themes. The first is the fact that my boyfriend has to find a job in two weeks, or move back to his hometown 7 hrs away, where the job market's better. I'll admit, I'm a bit nervous about it. I really do trust God- He's gotten me through so much else before, I know He can handle this, and get me through it if Tyler does move- but that doesn't mean I'll like it any more if it happens. I'm just praying about it a lot.

The second thing is that I'm going to be co-leading a seeker small group for international girls soon. I'm really excited about it. I actually kinda got roped into it by a combination of God and the other leader, but God's really given me a joy in this project. I'm reading this book called "Seeker Small Group" (original, right?) to prepare, and I'm loving it. I can't wait to get started- the whole goal is to offer a safe place for non-Christians to explore their questions about Christianity and Spirituality, to give them a small community of friends where they can feel Christ's love through others, and be guided in their search toward Him. The more I read this book, the more I think it's an awesome idea, and I'm really looking forward to starting it. And I'm not even finished with the first chapter! If anyone actually reads this post, and you're a Christian, please consider buying this book- it will change your tactics about reaching your non-Christian friends.

That's really all that's worth writing about at the moment. I mean, I could write more, but I'd just be making up crap to fill space on this little corner of the web I call mine. And, as much of a clutter-bug as I am normally, the idea of writing crap just doesn't appeal. So, until the next time I jack a computer.... adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment