Saturday, February 12, 2011

a little poetic spurt

So, poetry has always been something I've loved reading and writing; I remember writing my first poem when I was about 7 or 8. It was about Sojourner Truth (if you don't know who she is, Wikipedia her.) and when I rediscovered it about 10 years later, it was so bad I destroyed it. I don't keep too many horrible things around for posterity to find.
Anyways, I tend to go through poetic periods, and I've had a tiny one lately. Here are the results...

Winter Sunshine

An invader on this winter day,
A golden, pure, translucent ray,
The yellow sunshine's fingers reach through the trees,
And give a gentler Midas' touch to everything.
The left corner of the brick building gleams.

Ode to Procrastination

Oh, Procrastination;
Sweet sensation
Of forcefully forgetting important tasks
Until after they're due.


Side note: at the moment I'm writing this, I have a test and 5 projects due next week that I've barely touched.

Aside from writing, my life's been going along in normally abnormal style. I am trying to put more efforts into relationships, though; both with God and people. I've been distracted from God lately by stress and busy-ness, and as a result my relationships have suffered. For anyone who reads this, please pray for me to grow closer to God, and be a better fiance/daughter/friend/student to those I encounter every day. Not even I like Grumpy Emo Jess, so I'm pretty sure no one else does (even though Tyler graciously endures and comforts her). I'm ready to get back to a better, more stable, kind, and God-focused version of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment