Monday, March 21, 2011

The Courtyard

A gust of the spring breeze washes over me. 
Glaring bright, but gentle in warmth,
The sun beams down.
Sitting here, I'm exhausted from lack of sleep,
Achy and weary from lugging around a heavy bag on a thin strap all day long,
Disappointed in myself for my failures,
Confused about how to deal with others',
And anxious about the many, many, things I have to do this week. (and next week... and next week...)
Oh, and I'm really hungry, too.
However, the sound of a constant fountain and the gentle hug of the breeze
Help to soothe me. 
Lord, please carry my burden
Take care of my tomorrows,
And give me wisdom to deal with mistakes.
Help my soul to be as peaceful as my surroundings.
Help me to transition from this current melancholy state
To one more hopeful and cheerful.
Give me your strength;
Enable me to do my daily tasks,
While still loving those around me.
Basically, know that I really need and want you right now.
I know I don't want you often enough, and that's how I got to this place.
But right now I'm thankful for the way you embrace me with the breeze
And I'm content just to nestle into you and let you fill me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment